It is a 2 years UGC recognized program for working professionals designed to enable them become exceptional Infrastructure management professionals.
The program covers contemporary & key concepts, practical insights and general management skills essential for infrastructure management career opportunities both in India and Abroad. The program is delivered in a blended learning format of self-learning, live sessions from expert faculty members, case study discussions and real-life problem solving.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of relevant functional areas of business and their application in Infrastructure Management domain
- Ability to integrate functional areas of management with domain perspective for the purpose ofs planning, implementation, and control of Infrastructure sector
- To have global perspective towards business situations in the area of Infrastructure Management Demonstrate analytical skills in identification and resolution of international business management issues.
- Exhibit effective decision-making skills, employing analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Project Management
- Consulting, Risk and Compliance management
- Merger & Acquisitions
- Finance and Accounting Management
- Facilities Management
- Project and IT consulting
- Economics & Management Decisions
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Techniques for Management Applications
- Operations & Material Management
- Human Resource Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management & Contract Administration
- Data Analytics
- Research Methodology
- Infrastructure Development
- Non-Conventional Methods of Infrastructure Creation
- Transportation Economics & Management
- Understanding Urban Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Enterprise Management
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Infrastructure Insurance, Law & Contracts
- Rural & Social Infrastructure
Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with at least 50% marks, preference will be given to those with work experience. Relaxation in %age marks by 5% for those with more than 2 years’ experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies approved by UGC?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is maintained and recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body of the Government of India established 1956 through an Act of Parliament, is the highest institution responsible for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India.
Is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education program approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC)?
Yes, the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education is recognized by DEC for 3 academic years � 2009-10 to 2011-12.
When will the results be declared?
Results will be declared within 6 weeks after the examination.
What are the consequences of skipping examinations?
The student is required to clear all the papers of the course within the prescribed time as mentioned in the prospectus/admission documents. The time available to a student to clear the course is twice the normal duration.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Degree Certificate?
Forward the request to the Centre for Continuing Education, UPES.
When do the Admissions happen?
The winter session commences in January every year; and the fall session commences in July every year.
Note: Admission will be granted only to those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
What are the documents to be enclosed as eligibility proof along with admission application form?
Filled in application form has to be complete. Applicant is advised to read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form. All the supporting documents (as specified in the prospectus/ application form) should be enclosed along with the application form and should be self attested.
Documents to be enclosed:
- Course fee demand draft drawn in favor of "UPES" payable at Dehradun only will be considered.
- Note: For course fee (semester-wise) details are provided in the university prospectus.
- Xth & XIIth Standard Certificates for age proof or birth certificate.
- Educational proof certificates starting from Xth standard have to be enclosed for verification of eligibility criteria.
- When a degree or diploma �provisional pass certificate� is enclosed, it is advisable to enclose the mark sheets of all the three/four years, as the case may be.
- Those who have not obtained the provisional/degree certificate are advised to enclose all three/four years pass mark sheets along with the course completion certificate obtained from the principal/director of institution where last studied. Duly certified provisional certificate/degree certificate has to be forwarded within the stipulated period as laid down by the university.
What are some of the reasons that may lead to rejection of an application?
Applications shall be rejected without assigning any reasons for the following reasons:
- Incomplete application form.
- Non-enclosure of proof of eligibility qualifications.
- Non-enclosure of demand draft or in case it is an outstation demand draft or cheque.
- Non-enclosure of employment proof
Can there be a refund of fees after admission or if a student withdraws from the course?
Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
Is there any provision to pursue more than one course at a time?
There is no provision for doing more than one course of UPES-CCE at the same time.
Can a student register for two semesters simultaneously?
Re-registration to two semesters simultaneously is not permitted.
What is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is India's first energy university and Asia's first & only energy & core Sector University. UPES offers over 42 graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs to more than 4000 students in the high growth sectors of oil & gas, power, aviation, shipping, automobile, infrastructure and logistics & supply chain.
- First Indian Energy University approved by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
- First Indian Energy University accredited by Energy Institute, UK.
- First Indian Institution to offer 42 specialized programs across Oil & Gas, Power, Transportation, Infrastructure and Logistics & Supply Chain sectors.
- First Indian Energy Institution to set up an in-house Bio-Diesel Laboratory.
- First Indian University to implement SAP for its operations.
- Courses approved by the Distance Education Council of India.
The constituent colleges of the university are:
- College of Management & Economics Studies
- College of Engineering Studies
- College of Legal Studies
- College of Information Technology