It’s a 10-month executive PG Program for professionals who need focused program in Renewable Energy Management specialization. The program meant for professionals moving into mid or senior management roles in Energy sector, Renewable energy, EPC, Consulting firms, Venture capital in infrastructure industries and other related industries, in both India and Abroad. The program is delivered in a blended learning format of self-learning, live sessions from expert faculty members, case study discussions and real-life problem solving
The objective of this program is to develop professionally qualified and trained professionals to handle Renewable Energy projects and shall have the following competencies:
- To apply basic business, economic, and technical management principles in a variety of technical and non-technical contexts.
- To optimize renewable energy business decision-making.
- Develop a business case for a commercial renewable energy project
- To develop and train the best talent to meet the challenges of developing and managing Energy/Power & Allied sector in India
- Build Expertise for awareness, understanding and implementation of enactments related to energy/power.
- To cope with new realities and changing contours of the Energy/Power & allied sector in India and international
- Energy & Efficiency Management
- Energy Brokering
- Power Plant Operations
- Industrial Production Management
- Landscape and Wind
- Bio Energy Industry
EPC & Consulting Firms
- Power & Energy Consulting
- Project Planning &
- Implementation Strategies
- Economic Model Designing
- Financing and Project Management
IT & Venture Capital Firms
- Investment Opportunity
- Project Financing &
- Commercial Feasibility
- Project Sustainability
- Technology development
- SAP & ERP implementation
- Research & Innovation
- Training & Deployment
Program curriculum comprises of introduction to various aspects of renewable and sustainable energy resources. It covers in detail the techno, commercial and regulatory framework; in addition it trains you on key aspects of project management and multi-modal financing options of Energy Projects. The program is delivered in complete hands on learning methods – all important concepts are explained in detail with real life case studies.
- Introduction to Energy Sector
- Energy for Sustainable Development
- Renewable Energy Resources and
- Technologies I
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy Resources and
- Technologies II
- Renewable Energy Policy Framework
- Financing Renewable Energy Projects
- Health, Safety and Environment(HSE)
WHO SHOULD DO THIS PROGRAM
- Professionals looking forward to career in renewable energy management in India and Abroad
- Senior executives or those looking for a fast track & comprehensive program in Renewable Energy
- Those who want to build renewable energy management in their existing profile
- Graduates in any discipline or diploma holders with min 5 years of experience can apply
Our teaching methodology is a 2 pronged approach:
Live Classes from Expert Faculties: Our expert faculty members take session on each paper that is delivered through live webinar sessions mostly on weekends. These sessions are joined by students from India and Abroad. Key concepts, case studies and real-life examples are discussed. Students also get chance to clarify their doubts / academic clarifications. If by any chance you miss these live classes, don’t worry, the recorded sessions are uploaded in the LMS
Case Studies: The program has in-built short quizzes and opportunity to solve real life problems. Most importantly are case studies that gives insight into implementing project management concepts in real world
Graduation degree / 3 years Diploma with minimum 5 years of experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies approved by UGC?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is maintained and recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body of the Government of India established 1956 through an Act of Parliament, is the highest institution responsible for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India.
Is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education program approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC)?
Yes, the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education is recognized by DEC for 3 academic years � 2009-10 to 2011-12.
When will the results be declared?
Results will be declared within 6 weeks after the examination.
What are the consequences of skipping examinations?
The student is required to clear all the papers of the course within the prescribed time as mentioned in the prospectus/admission documents. The time available to a student to clear the course is twice the normal duration.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Degree Certificate?
Forward the request to the Centre for Continuing Education, UPES.
When do the Admissions happen?
The winter session commences in January every year; and the fall session commences in July every year.
Note: Admission will be granted only to those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
What are the documents to be enclosed as eligibility proof along with admission application form?
Filled in application form has to be complete. Applicant is advised to read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form. All the supporting documents (as specified in the prospectus/ application form) should be enclosed along with the application form and should be self attested.
Documents to be enclosed:
What are some of the reasons that may lead to rejection of an application?
Applications shall be rejected without assigning any reasons for the following reasons:
Can there be a refund of fees after admission or if a student withdraws from the course?
Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
Is there any provision to pursue more than one course at a time?
There is no provision for doing more than one course of UPES-CCE at the same time.
Can a student register for two semesters simultaneously?
Re-registration to two semesters simultaneously is not permitted.
What is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is India's first energy university and Asia's first & only energy & core Sector University. UPES offers over 42 graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs to more than 4000 students in the high growth sectors of oil & gas, power, aviation, shipping, automobile, infrastructure and logistics & supply chain.
The constituent colleges of the university are: