Rapid technological developments and large scale mechanization in Petrochemical, Chemical, Engineering Industries, Construction activities, etc. have resulted in complex Health, Safety and Environmental problems in these industries. Hence these industries need the services of qualified safety professionals exclusively to take care of various Safety, Health and Environmental aspects of their personnel/other persons who are likely to be affected by any adverse effects arising from these industries. Recognizing this need; Advanced Diploma in Health, Safety and Environment is a tailor made course to meet these requirements by enhancing the core competencies of students.
Educational qualification in Health and Safety is highly recommendable and as per global demand, this course has been introduced. The curriculum is designed based on the HSE requirements that are covered from a wide spectrum of international and national legislation.
The objective of this program is to develop professionally qualified and trained professionals to handle Health, Safety and Environment issues at workplace and shall have the following competencies:
- To look after the Health, Safety and Environmental aspects with knowledge and expertise in HSE management systems, safe handling of materials and machinery, safe work practices, operational controls and to establish and improve emergency action procedure
- To be responsible for compliance of all legal and other obligations of the organization
- To guide and assist the site managers / engineers to make their sites safe and accident free
- To train personnel in safety, undertake safety surveys and design suitable documents for recording and promoting safety at the work place
- To establish the learning experience within the context of industrial application, thus enabling the integration of theoretical knowledge and understanding with best industrial practice in health, safety and environmental sustainability
- Safety, Health and Environment Management
- Electrical safety
- Safety, Health and Environmental Laws
- Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health
- Accidents Prevention & Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Issues and Management
- Safety Management and Engineering
- Understanding Applied Ergonomics
- Safety Engineering Management-I: Machine Operations and Safe use of Tools and Gadgets
- Safety Engineering Management-II: Material Handling and Safe use of Tools and Gadgets
- Fire Risk & Control
- Risk Analysis & Management
- The program will be delivered in a 3 pronged learning methodology
- Self-Learning supported by LMS comprising of e-books, pre-recorded videos, short quizzes
- Faculty led live webinar sessions on weekends to explain concepts and discuss case studies
- Real life case studies - to inculcate the knowledge and skills learnt
Engineering/Polytechnic Diploma holders /Graduates preferably with 2 years of relevant experience
On successful completion of the program the student would be awarded Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety (HSE) by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies approved by UGC?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is maintained and recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body of the Government of India established 1956 through an Act of Parliament, is the highest institution responsible for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India.
Is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education program approved by the Distance
Education Council (DEC)?
Yes, the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education is recognized by DEC for 3 academic years 2009-10 to 2011-12.
When will the results be declared?
Results will be declared within 6 weeks after the examination.
What are the consequences of skipping examinations?
The student is required to clear all the papers of the course within the prescribed time as mentioned in the prospectus/admission documents. The time available to a student to clear the course is twice the normal duration.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Degree Certificate?
Forward the request to the Centre for Continuing Education, UPES.
When do the Admissions happen?
The winter session commences in January every year; and the fall session commences in July every year.
Note: Admission will be granted only to those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
What are the documents to be enclosed as eligibility proof along with admission application form?
Filled in application form has to be complete. Applicant is advised to read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form. All the supporting documents (as specified in the prospectus/ application form) should be enclosed along with the application form and should be self attested.
Documents to be enclosed:
What are some of the reasons that may lead to rejection of an application?
Applications shall be rejected without assigning any reasons for the following reasons:
Can there be a refund of fees after admission or if a student withdraws from the course?
Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
Is there any provision to pursue more than one course at a time?
There is no provision for doing more than one course of UPES-CCE at the same time.
Can a student register for two semesters simultaneously?
Re-registration to two semesters simultaneously is not permitted.
What is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is India's first energy university and Asia's first & only energy & core Sector University. UPES offers over 42 graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs to more than 4000 students in the high growth sectors of oil & gas, power, aviation, shipping, automobile, infrastructure and logistics & supply chain.The constituent colleges of the university are: