Power Management programs combine thorough training in core business administration skills with in-depth education in understanding of strategic business issues across Generation, Transmission and Distribution.
The programs cover areas like power resource management, environment impact assessment, power auditing, power efficient systems/technologies, power generation, transmission, distribution, power sector laws, power policies, power security, power pricing, power economics, power tariffs and power trading etc. The programs are focussed at creating strong concepts while inculcating hands on practical learning experience.
- Programs offered by UPES-CCE, Asia’s first and largest domain specific university
- MBA programs are approved by UGC – DEB (Distance Education Bureau)
- Post completion of the program, work in Public or Private Sectors, Consulting Firms, Funding
- agencies and teaching / training
- You can work across multiple domain functions like project management, trading, systems /
- technologies, consulting, strategy & others
- Opportunity to work in India and Abroad; travel across the world
Participants who successfully complete the programs can make their career in any of the following fields:
- Power Resource Management
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Carbon Financing Market
- Power Trading
- Power Project Planning and Financing
- Clean Energy Development Mechanism
- Power Sector Laws and Regulations
- Economics of Power Demand and Supply and Policy Aspects
- Power Planning
- Power Sector Economics & Planning
- Financing Energy Sector Projects
- Power Pricing & Power Purchase Agreements
- Power Trading
- Power Station Management
WHO SHOULD DO THESE PROGRAMS?
- This program is for those who wish to enter Power or related industries but are not very sure and wish to keep Power industry as an option
- Person from any education background can take this up – to understand more about the Power industry before he can make up his mind on which domain to pursue. Once enrolled for Diploma, if they wish to upgrade or need more comprehensive knowledge they can upgrade to PGP (though education criteria of eligibility should be met in order to upgrade)
Self-Learning: We provide access to our Learning Management System (LMS) that includes resources from e-books, assignments, Audio-Video links and web-links. The LMS is accessible via smart phones and tabs, and is also available in our website.
Faculty Led Live Classes: Our expert faculty members take session on each subject that is delivered through live webinar sessions mostly on weekends. These sessions are joined by students from India as well as Abroad. Key concepts, case studies and real life examples arediscussed. Students also get chance to clarify their doubts / academic clarifications. If by any chance they miss these live classes, the recorded sessions are uploaded in the LMS.
Stay in Touch: Each learner would have access to the academic team. He / she may write e-mail or call them to seek clarifications. We respond within 2 working days on email queries. We encourage students to use this facility.
Open for all
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies approved by UGC?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is maintained and recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body of the Government of India established 1956 through an Act of Parliament, is the highest institution responsible for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India.
Is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education program approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC)?
Yes, the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education is recognized by DEC for 3 academic years � 2009-10 to 2011-12.
When will the results be declared?
Results will be declared within 6 weeks after the examination.
What are the consequences of skipping examinations?
The student is required to clear all the papers of the course within the prescribed time as mentioned in the prospectus/admission documents. The time available to a student to clear the course is twice the normal duration.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Degree Certificate?
Forward the request to the Centre for Continuing Education, UPES.
When do the Admissions happen?
The winter session commences in January every year; and the fall session commences in July every year.
Note: Admission will be granted only to those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
What are the documents to be enclosed as eligibility proof along with admission application form?
Filled in application form has to be complete. Applicant is advised to read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form. All the supporting documents (as specified in the prospectus/ application form) should be enclosed along with the application form and should be self attested.
Documents to be enclosed:
What are some of the reasons that may lead to rejection of an application?
Applications shall be rejected without assigning any reasons for the following reasons:
Can there be a refund of fees after admission or if a student withdraws from the course?
Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
Is there any provision to pursue more than one course at a time?
There is no provision for doing more than one course of UPES-CCE at the same time.
Can a student register for two semesters simultaneously?
Re-registration to two semesters simultaneously is not permitted.
What is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is India's first energy university and Asia's first & only energy & core Sector University. UPES offers over 42 graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs to more than 4000 students in the high growth sectors of oil & gas, power, aviation, shipping, automobile, infrastructure and logistics & supply chain.
The constituent colleges of the university are: