The Diploma program covers areas like pricing, exploration and production, import of crude oil and LNG, acquisition of oil equity, refining and export of petro products, regulations, distribution of oil & gas and petroresearch. They are focussed at creating strong concepts while inculcating hands on practical learning experience.
- Programs offered by UPES-CCE, Asia’s first and largest domain specific university
- Post completion of the program, get opportunity to join Oil and Gas industry or move up in career
- Work in Oil and Gas, Renewal energy, consulting firms with practice in Oil and Gas
- You can work across multiple domain functions like sales, operation, project management & others
- Opportunity to work in India and Abroad; travel across the world
- Get global perspective of the Oil and Gas Industry
- Understanding Oil & Gas Business
- Understanding Natural Gas Business
- Understanding Petro Chemical Business
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Refining
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Exploration
WHO SHOULD DO THESE PROGRAMS?
- This program is for those who wish to enter Oil & Gas or related industries but are not very sure and wish to keep Oil & Gas industry as an option
- Person from any education background can take this up – to understand more about the Oil & Gas industry before he can make up his mind on which domain to pursue. Once enrolled for Diploma, if they wish to upgrade or need more comprehensive knowledge they can upgrade to PGP (though education criteria of eligibility should be met in order to upgrade)
Open for all
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies approved by UGC?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is maintained and recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body of the Government of India established 1956 through an Act of Parliament, is the highest institution responsible for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India.
Is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education program approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC)?
Yes, the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies distance education is recognized by DEC for 3 academic years � 2009-10 to 2011-12.
When will the results be declared?
Results will be declared within 6 weeks after the examination.
What are the consequences of skipping examinations?
The student is required to clear all the papers of the course within the prescribed time as mentioned in the prospectus/admission documents. The time available to a student to clear the course is twice the normal duration.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Degree Certificate?
Forward the request to the Centre for Continuing Education, UPES.
When do the Admissions happen?
The winter session commences in January every year; and the fall session commences in July every year.
Note: Admission will be granted only to those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
What are the documents to be enclosed as eligibility proof along with admission application form?
Filled in application form has to be complete. Applicant is advised to read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form. All the supporting documents (as specified in the prospectus/ application form) should be enclosed along with the application form and should be self attested.
Documents to be enclosed:
What are some of the reasons that may lead to rejection of an application?
Applications shall be rejected without assigning any reasons for the following reasons:
Can there be a refund of fees after admission or if a student withdraws from the course?
Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
Is there any provision to pursue more than one course at a time?
There is no provision for doing more than one course of UPES-CCE at the same time.
Can a student register for two semesters simultaneously?
Re-registration to two semesters simultaneously is not permitted.
What is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is India's first energy university and Asia's first & only energy & core Sector University. UPES offers over 42 graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs to more than 4000 students in the high growth sectors of oil & gas, power, aviation, shipping, automobile, infrastructure and logistics & supply chain.
The constituent colleges of the university are: